Civil Engineering is the broadest discipline of the engineering field. Civil engineering focuses on building the infrastructure, which includes National Highways, Railroads, Power Plants, Industrial Plants and Buildings, Transmission Towers, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation, Airport runways, Terminals Skyscrapers, Mass Transit, etc. In Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic College, our Civil Engineering department has full time and qualified faculties to enrich the student’s knowledge. It is fully equipped with latest instruments and machines to provide hands on experience to the students. Good placement opportunities are available for diploma holders in the field of Civil Engineering both in government and private Sectors. Student can be absorbed as a site engineers involved in supervision, draftsman (with computer knowledge), surveyors, and personnel in-charge of quality control, estimation work and office procedures. They could establish their own consultancy in the civil engineering and construction fields. There is huge demand for civil engineers in India and it is also expected to get a boost as the country gets ready to upgrade its infrastructure with growing Indian economy. After completion of this diploma course, students can seek employment in consultancy firms, quality testing labs, road projects, building work, Planning engineer etc. The career opens a lot of opportunities in numerous government departments. Civil engineers are employed in all major construction projects carried out by central and state government agencies.
Applying Engineering knowledge, students specialized in this field were able to solve the complex engineering problems with applying the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals. They identify, formulate and review research literature, analyse, design system components, doing experiments, collecting and interpretation of data and finally get valid conclusions which are useful for welfare of the society with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety. They learn modern tool usage and applying these modern techniques, IT tools enable them to model complex engineering activities. Such a way they would become professional engineers in near future and will contribute to sustainable development for mankind. Engineers obey ethical principles, take responsibilities and commit to work for the society. Engineers work effectively as an individual, or as a member or leader in a diverse team, and in the multidisciplinary field. They build the power of good communication with clients, writing reports, attending seminars, presenting, designing documentation, managing projects, and giving and receiving clear instructions. This life-long learning ability makes engineers invent new or upgrade technology.
|SL No||FACULTY NAME||QUALIFICATION||EXPERIENCE||AREA OF INTEREST||CONTACT DETAILS||PHOTOS|
|1||NIRMALYA BHATTACHARYA (HOD)||B. Tech||Teaching: 1Y||Transportation Engineering, Construction Disaster Management.||rudrarup.25 @gmail.com |
|2||SOURAV GHOSAL||B. Tech||Teaching: 1 Y |
Industry: 3.9 Yrs.
|Concrete Technology, Building Materials and construction.||Souravghosal email@example.com |
|3||DEBRAJ SEN||B. Tech||Teaching: 1Y||Surveying I, Surveying II, Irrigation.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||SK. ABBASUDDIN||B. Tech||Teaching: 1Y||RCC structure, Design of Steel email@example.com |
|5||ARKADEB HAZRA||B.Tech||Teaching: 1Y||Highway Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Steel Structure||Arkadebhazra30452@gmail.com |
- Time and Motion Study on Road Construction
- Participation in construction work at own college
- Study of fly-ash
- Investigation on Low Cost Roofing
- Evaluation of uneven pavement surface.
- Rain Water collection and Storage.
- Construction Project of Boy’s Hostel Building at Santiniketan Institute of Polytechnic
- 3 Years for 10th Pass Students.
- 2 Years for 10+2 Pass
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ADMISSION IN POLYTECHNIC
|FOR JEXPO ADMISSION (3 YEARS)||FOR VOCELT ADMISSION (2 YEARS)|
|10th Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other needful Documents||10+2 (Vocational with Science)/ or passed
10+2/or 2 yrs ITI, Marksheet, Certificate, Admit Card, ID Proof, Passport Size Photo and Other documents.
- Passed 10th standard or equivalent Examination with English, Mathematics & Physical science/or Science as subjects, at least 35% marks in aggregate. 30% seats are reserved for the District candidates based on JEXPO rank. Out of those 50% seats reserved for female candidates. Additional 20% of total seat get admission through lateral entry (VOCLET) in 2nd Year.
- Vocational Higher secondary (10+2) with science/or (10+2) Science with Physics, Chemistry and Math is mandatory /or ITI passed for admission to a course in Civil Candidates passed out ITI with NCVT certificate are also be eligible.
- Course Affiliation – West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Kolkata Karigori Bhavan (2nd Floor), 110, N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata: – 700 013.
Civil engineering has quite a beautiful scope in India. There is huge demand for fresher diploma Civil engineer in industry. They mainly do design, development, and construction related work. The career after a Diploma in Civil Engineering is very diverse and flexible. Some of the popular roles that the students start with as an Assistant Manager, Assistant Field Inspector, Assistant Supervisor, Executive Engineer, Project Engineer, Faculty Member and so on.
In India, diploma holders are more driven towards government jobs due to job security, good salary, etc. There are multiple government departments, where civil engineering job seekers can find jobs. Mostly, diploma holders can get jobs like clerks, technicians, lab assistants, supervisors, and even higher positions like Officer.
- Municipal corporations
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
- Indian Railways
- Electricity boards
- Steel Authority of India
- Central Public Work Departments (CPWD)
- Irrigation and PWD Department
- Government Mega Construction Projects
- Government Housing Schemes
In the private sector, Civil Engineers can choose between field jobs as well as back-office jobs. They could effectively handle client and also efficient in design-related job. Besides, they can contribute construction site.
- Tata Realty and Infrastructure
- Reliance Infrastructure
- L&T- ECC
- Hindustan Construction Company
CERTIFICATIONS AND COURSES
Upgrade skills set through courses and certifications.
- On-site Safety
- Design of Lightweight structures
- 3D Home Architect
- Linear Modelling
- Fatigue of structures
- Water & Waste management